search anything you love to watch on web

Thursday, December 31, 2009

what are backlinks?

I searched for best definition of backlinks on web. A perfect definition in my opinion is as follows:
"A back link is an inward link to your site that may or may not be reciprocated with an outward link back. If page A links to page B then a back link would be a link which goes from page B back to page A".

For example, I find an interesting article on web and I want the article to be displayed on my blog hence I link the article to my blog. Now my blog acts as a back link to that article or to the URL where the article is originally located.
backlinks

you can check your blog backlinks with Back link Checker tool. Back link Checker tool enables you to know the number of blogs and websites who have given a link to your website or webpage or blog. Backlinks acts as one of the key factors in determining the ranking of your website or blog. It helps you to have a track of the other websites on the web that link to your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails